Assistant Lab Co-Ordinator
In Norbrook we pride ourselves in being one of the top 11 companies in Northern Ireland and in the top 15 veterinary pharmaceutical companies globally. We develop & manufacture veterinary medicines, supplying products to 120 countries globally. With a strong portfolio of existing products and significant investment in R&D to launch new products annually, we have opportunities for individuals to join us and develop their career in a global company. Our business strategy is supported by our Values – Customer Value, One Team, Results Driven, Excellence, Innovation, and Quality – and we support our employees to live the behaviours that creates our culture. Our on-going success is based on the expertise, knowledge and innovation of our employees. If you are interested in joining our team here at Norbrook and supporting our vision, then apply for this role.
Based within the Quality Control department, the successful candidate will be responsible for assisting the laboratory co-ordinator in providing service and support for all laboratory functions.
- Maintenance of stocks for all laboratory chemicals and consumables
- Processing of purchase orders
- Performing preventative maintenance and the repair of equipment
- Carrying out the calibration and verification of laboratory equipment
- Assisting in preparation of Standard Operating Procedures, characterisation, labelling and control of standards.
- A level qualifications or equivalent in science based subjects
- Experience of working in a laboratory environment and knowledge of laboratory health and safety
- Applicants must possess excellent oral, written and computer skills as evidenced on the application form and at interview
- Have the ability to work and communicate effectively with team members and other departments
- Good organisation skills and the ability to prioritise to meet the demands of a busy laboratory
- Previous experience in Laboratory equipment and stock management within the pharmaceutical industry
- Experience working in a GMP controlled environment
Duration: Full time, permanent
Location: Newry, Co. Down
Remuneration: Salary Attractive
Benefits: Free Life Assurance, Company Pension Scheme, 30 days annual leave, Wedding Leave, Employee well-being initiatives, Healthcare plan, Company Sick Pay, Employee Assistance Programme, On-site free parking, Canteen Facilities, Employee Perks scheme, Discounted Car Insurance, Annual Employee raffle, employee recognition scheme, career development opportunities and much more…
Contact: The Human Resources Department
Norbrook Laboratories Limited employs a workforce with members of all sections of the community and is committed to appointing people purely on the basis of merit. In accordance with our equal opportunities policy we would particularly like to welcome applicants from the Protestant Community.
Assistant Lab Co-Ordinator, Science, Experience of working in a laboratory