- Post Date:5th March 2020
- Apply Before: 10th June 2020
- Views 232
- Offerd Salary £15,000 - £20,000Experience Less than 1 YearINDUSTRY Manufacturing
Our client NIE are currently seeking to recruit a Storekeeper for their warehouse based in Craigavon.
Position is fulltime temporary ongoing,
Pay rate £8.21 per hour plus holiday pay increasing to £11.85 per hour plus holiday pay after 12 weeks.
- Receive into and issue from the Store, materials used in the Transmission and Distribution of electricity ensuring that the agreed service levels for all customers are met.
- Place materials received in the store into their designated locations.
- Pick materials on a daily basis as requested at the stores location or for delivery to other stores or sites. This will include some specialist functions such as the measuring and cutting of cable.
- Load and unload materials as required.
- Check all documentation accompanying incoming delivery of materials and
perform any related IT Inventory control entries that are required.
- Provide the correct entries on IT Inventory Control and ensure that the correct
documentation is produced to accompany the issue and delivery of materials.
- Check materials received for any damages, short deliveries etc.
- Contribute to the general site management; comply with all NIE Networks policies including Health and Safety and Environmental Policies. Ensure best practice housekeeping is enforced keeping the Stores (Internal and External) in a clean and tidy state.
- Assist in stock taking as laid out in the company’s documented procedure,
both in main stores and in satellite locations.
▪ GCSE (or equivalent) English and Maths Grade C or above or relevant experience
▪ Good IT skills
▪ Good communication skills
▪ Counterbalance forklift licence (current)
▪ Ability to work under pressure
▪ Ability to produce accurate work.
▪ Ability to work on own initiative
▪ Ability to work as part of a team
▪ Possess full clean driving licence.
▪ Flexible with regards working location
▪ Previous experience working within a stores environment
▪ Experience of operating forklift equipment and possession of current forklift licence.
The nature of the job will change over time as the needs of the Business change. It is a requirement of the jobholder to contribute to the development of the role in best reflecting these changing needs. The job also requires a considerable degree of commitment, flexibility and adaptability on the part of the jobholder to meet quality standards and work deadlines.
It should be noted that applicants must clearly demonstrate how they meet the required criteria, as this information will be used for short-listing purposes.
The hours of work are 39.5 per week. The job requires a considerable degree of commitment, adaptability and flexibility. The role will change over time as the needs of the business change. It is a requirement of the jobholder to retain a positive attitude, display flexibility and be a good team worker.
The employee will be hired through the agency and the position will be subject to an Access NI and satisfactory references.
All interested candidates please call Naomi at Premiere People on 02890 720106 or email your CV to email@example.com