- Salary 14000--15000
- Company Website www.premierepeople-ni.com
- Job Title Care Assistant
- Job Location Antrim BT41, UK
- Company Name Premiere People NI
We are urgently seeking Care Assistants to work with our client based in County Antrim. This is a great opportunity to join a well known company and further your career.
JOB PURPOSE: Care Assistant
- To assist in the provision of care and work as part of a team to achieve required standards.
- To provide care services to elderly and disabled Clients, living in the community.
- To ensure Clients retain their dignity and individuality.
MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES for care assistant
- Ensure the highest possible levels of care are maintained by Supporting/assisting Clients, when required, with washing, toileting, dressing, undressing, and all other aspects of daily living.
- Assist Clients in all aspects of their care needs (e.g. physical, emotional and spiritual). Provide attention when needed, whilst ensuring Clients retain their comfort and dignity.
- Pay particular attention to assisting Clients who have limited mobility, or physical/learning difficulties, making the best use of aids provided.
- Closely monitor Clients who may be confused and / or who have behavioural problems.
- Assist in the promotion of continence.
- Assist in the delivery of care for Clients who are dying or who have a progressive illness.
- Observe care planning needs for Clients and complete written daily records as instructed and in line with the Company’s policies and procedures.
- Carry out regular checks on Clients at intervals determined by senior
- Assist Clients who need help during meal times (be aware of swallowing difficulties, dietary requirements etc). Assist with serving of food / drinks as requested / required. Wash up as requested / required
- Escort Clients travelling to and from home e.g. shopping, on social outings / hospital visits etc, as and when required.
SKILLS for Care Assistant
- Genuine interest in working within a caring environment
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels
- Willingness to participate in Vocational Training Programmes
- Satisfactory checks with Access NI
- Current Driving licence
- Working towards NVQ2
- Experience of working within a caring environment
Salary will depend on experience and will be from £7.65 p/h with additional company benefits
To apply please submit your CV via the link or email firstname.lastname@example.org