Job ID 1294
Offered Salary 1000
Experience 2 Years
Admin Officer Belfast City Centre
- £11.99 Per Hour
- Posted November 16, 2023
- Admin Officer
We are currently recruiting for an admin officer based in the Belfast City Centre. The successful candidates will be required to start once the vetting paperwork, ANI clearance has been completed.
Start date: 20/11, 27/11, 04/12
Duration: 51 weeks
Rate of pay: £11.99
Hours of work:
The main business of this department is to promote the financial responsibility parents have for their children; to provide information and support for parents to enable them to make effective child maintenance arrangements; and to provide an efficient statutory maintenance service with effective enforcement powers.
You will work as a member of a team in a busy and fast paced environment providing an efficient and effective service to our customers. Staff are expected to contact customers by phone to enable us to gather information and process applications and changes as quickly as possible. Dealing with inbound calls and making outgoing calls are an integral part of the work. You should remember that your actions in dealing with cases can have a major impact on the lives of our customers so your calculations must be accurate and decisions fully recorded.
When you complete your training you will join one of our business teams and while your specific duties will depend on the team in which you are placed, dealing with customers by phone will be a major part of your work.
Duties will include
- Handling inbound calls from Paying Parents (PP), Receiving Parents (RP), and potentially Employers. There may be some outbound calls to be made.
- Managing customer’s expectations, taking the time to explain processes clearly and providing realistic and accurate timeframes for action to be completed.
- Collecting and recording evidence and information by phone to speed up the processing of new claims and to action ‘change of circumstance’ requests quickly and accurately to ensure paying cases continue paying.
- Handling all calls in a calm and professional manner
- Where appropriate, making decisions in relation to maintenance calculations and recording those decisions fully and accurately
- Making appropriate use of computer systems to record and retrieve information
- Taking efficient and effective action on all incoming correspondence to deliver a high-quality customer service
- Using available ‘tracking tools’ to manage own workload and contribute to achieving the organisations targets
Ensuring adherence with GDPR by ensuring that all customer information is held appropriately and securely
Essential Criteria applicants must have:
- five GCSE/GCE (or equivalence) passes (at A, B or C) with Maths and English.
( Proof of certs required ) We cannot pass your application without them
- A minimum of 12 years’ experience working in an administrative role
- Excellent IT skills, including use of Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Proven ability to use own initiative.
Please send your CV via the link or to firstname.lastname@example.org